Monday, February 20, 2006

Bill Christofferson is an opportunist

In response to this post shortly after Hurricane Katrina, an Xoff reader asked Bill Christofferson what he was doing to help relief efforts. Christofferson replied:

I am in Texas right now trying to do something more hands-on to help evacuees. I'm staying with friends who are taking in people from New Orleans, and doing what I can to help
.

How did he help? By creating a board game.

Granted, any proceeds from sales of the game went to relief efforts, but even Christofferson admits that there wasn't much chance there would be many sales.

And even if there were, the definition of opportunist is "One who takes advantage of any opportunity to achieve an end, often with no regard for principles or consequences."

I'd be willing to bet that the "end" had more to do with bashing Bush than helping evacuees. And I won't even get into the "principles" aspect of the definition.

Either way, calling him an opportunist is nothing compared to repeatedly calling Jim Sensennbrenner heartless, uncaring and unfeeling because the Wisconsin representative demanded some accountability when it came to hurricane relief.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger starbender said...

Oh yeah, he helped!
It's called GREED!
:o

 
At 4:28 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger xoff said...

Not that it's really any of your business, but I paid my own way to Texas, invested about $3,000 in the game and gave every dollar -- not just profit -- from sales to Kartrina victims, in addition to a number of other contributions my wife and I made.

If that's opportunism, Katrina victims would have appreciated a lot more of it.

As Sykes would ask, Where do I go for my apology?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home