Saturday, February 25, 2006

RIP Mr. Furley

Don Knotts, star of The Andy Griffith Show and Three's Company, passed away today at the age of 81.

Even though I haven't seen much of him in recent years, hearing this actually made me go "awwww." I guess it's because, in part, I had always hoped to someday be the sheriff of a small southern town like Mayberry...or at least the deputy.

Laugh if you will, but I'm totally serious.

And when I retired, I was going to take a job as a California apartment manager and wear the most kick-ass leisure suits I could find.

Not so serious about that.

In all honesty, The Andy Griffith show has long been one of my favorite "old" shows. Every time we lose another one of that era's stars, I think we get further and further away from television's golden age.

So...a toast to Don Knotts and his half-century career.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, February 26, 2006, Blogger Billiam said...

I always enjoyed Don's characters. Now, to use the name/phrase Barney Fife in reference to a cop, is the ultimate insult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home