Wednesday, February 08, 2006

WWCD, part II

So the results are in from the very first Ask Me Later poll. If you'll recall (and if you don't, just check out the original post), I wondered if I should have identified someone by the color of their skin, and the overwhelming response was that I should have.

Yeah...I know. 25 responses isn't necessarily "overwhelming," but you know what I mean.

One interesting thing I noted in the comments was that one person (Elliot of From Where I Sit) said:

Hell, I would have said "the black one" in a heartbeat.

The only thing is that I never identified which cashier I was talking about. Although, I can guess that by indicating my discomfort in revealing the cashier's skin color readers would most likely assume it was the black one I was talking about.

But that's just an observation.

And now for the rest of the story...

The incident I had related to my co-worker was one not entirely flattering to the cashier. Already running late for a meeting, the cashier spent over five minutes trying to figure out how to ring up my purchase. She hit every button on the register until she found a price that seemed right for a box of Tic-Tacs. While it was by no means the worst incident of customer service I've ever experienced, it was a bit frustrating.

Now, considering that the story I told my co-worker was less than complimentary and the color of the cashier's skin was really the only way I could identify her, I'll ask you all again:

Free polls from Pollhost.com
Should Casper have just resorted to identifying the color of the cashier's skin?
Yes No
</td>

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

Now that you've added to the story (and considering that you said your co-worker was familiar with both), you probably could have just said the "dumb" one.

;)

 
At 3:24 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger steveegg said...

Dumb comes in all colors; always has, always will.

 
At 4:10 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger David Casper said...

I probably should have added that "dumb" could be used to describe both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home