Friday, March 10, 2006

America Loses to Canada

I've said before that I am a huge fan of baseball. And so, it is with great respect that I can say, by far, the best commentary I've heard on the recent US loss to Canada in the World Baseball Classic was on the Colbert Report. I admit it: I'm addicted to Colbert.

He had this to say about the game : "Congratulations to our neighbors up north. But I want to remind everyone, it's just an exhibition game, doesn't count for anything. And it's spring training -- the players aren't even in shape yet. Plus, a bunch of our best players are sitting out, so if we really cared, we would have won that game." Probably by about a billion runs!

And this: People only hit inside-the-park homeruns because the outfielders fell down and they're children!

And lastly: It doesn't matter though. We'll win the World Series. We always do.

Watch the full report here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home