Thursday, March 23, 2006

Kane Takes a "Small" Dig at McBride

From his chat today:

Q: Freda of Milwaukee - I see your name mentioned on lots of blogs. What do you think about blogging? Do you mind if they talk about your column on their blogs?

A: Eugene Kane - Freda Blogging is an exciting new development that give some people a voice who never had one before. BUT some bloggers are little more than political hacks who play juvenile "gotcha" games. I don't mind being mentioned in blogs as long as they link their readers to my column so they can read what I wrote themselves. I don't like so-called media experts acting like they can tell me how to write my column because in most cases they are second-rate writers who can't carry my jock when it comes to real journalism.

6 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Billiam said...

Really? Not that most would want to even think of his jock. I think he's been listening to old Larry Holmes interviews. And he's right, Jess couldn't. She's not a race baiter like Kane.

 
At 6:50 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger grumps said...

That's right. She's a class-baiter who's already carrying Paul's jock.

 
At 8:21 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Billiam said...

Umm, he is her husband. I think that is understandable.

 
At 11:24 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Steve S said...

I actually rather sympathise with Kane here (will wonders never cease?) - McBride needs to link more. Especially if she's not going to allow comments.

 
At 11:38 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Billiam said...

Excellent point, Steve. I've often wondered why she doesn't allow comments.

 
At 5:40 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Aaron said...

I've often wondered why she doesn't allow comments.

Probably because of discussions like this one.

BTW: When it comes to class, Kane couldn't carry McBride's jock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home