Tuesday, March 28, 2006

So You Had A Bad Day

With Casper being gone, the pressure to write something daily has definitely increased. I don't have much time, so instead of looking for something to inspire me, I am going to use some space to vent. Hopefully by the time I'm done I can look back on today and laugh.

My bad day actually started last night. I don't know if I had the flu or food poisoning, but whatever it was, it was the first thing to inspire me to pray since my dad's cancer. Once again, the prayers didn't work. Thanks for nothing.

So, I got up at 6 after very little sleep and had to convince myself to go into work because of 3 rather important meetings. I was feeling pretty tough for making it there at all, but looking rather hellacious.

Luckily the day went fairly quickly, but not without protest from my stomach which seemed to be playing its own concerto. The stomach symphony prompted me to keep talking lest anyone hear the raucous, which in turn made my meetings longer. I'll have to rethink that strategy next time.

Yesterday, I tried to get to the DMV in time to get new plates on my car, but that was the one day it closes at 5:15, and I got there at 5:20. So, after an already challenging day I found myself back at the DMV this time trying to figure out the number system of the waiting line. Turns out they play a little game called "Switch it up." Yeah, I was D561 and D555 was on the board. I thought, "This shouldn't take long." Little did I know there are also numbers that start with A and B.

Two hours later I got my new license plates and was told that my license was about to expire. Given that I looked worse-than-hungover but still experiencing ass-numbness from the wait, I decided to go ahead with the new license. "No picture can be worse than my last one," I thought. I thought wrong.

I finally got home to find out that the hell-beast (otherwise known as my dog Sam) had broken out of the kitchen and decided to relieve himself on my bed and pillows.

Luckily no police were around to witness my response to that action. Ultimately, he was saved by my boyfriend who brought me dinner and helped to calm me down. What an angel. That's what Sam said, too.

Anyone else have a bad day? Feel free to vent in the comment section below. Strangely, I feel much better after writing this, and not too embarrassed to post it. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

I will be replacing a kitchen cabinet door after a day like you had. I guess I am lucky I didnt break my hand.

Its never one big thing is it? but lots of little things the death of a thousand cuts if you will.

I am glad you had someone to talk you off the ledge.

 
At 6:02 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Aaron said...

The DMV would be more effective if they bricked the doors shut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home