Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

For a while now I've been considering pulling XOff off the blogroll. It's not that I don't think he has something valuable to say, it's just that sometimes the way he says it makes me angry. Like, pulling hair out angry. C'mon...Tom Tomorrow? You're better than that, Bill. And when Rowan and Kane substitute, well, I might as well enter a Homer Simpson look-alike contest.

Now I'm not a petty person. That, and I'm too lazy to to mess with my template. But if things keep going on and on like this, I'm going to start ruining a lot of shirts. Why? Because sometimes some things just make me angry, and I start to Hulk out.

So here's my solution. From now on, I will gauge my reactions to certain things on the following scale:
*****
PRE-HULK
Yeah, just me. By no means do I intend to use this every single time I post. Instead, expect to see it when I share something I consider thought provoking, like this post from dear old Elliot that kept me awake for three days straight. Or maybe I'll use it when I think the Cheddarsphere needs a good Casper fix. Y'know, I wasn't wearing pants when this picture was taken. Ladies? Ladies?



*****
OLD HULK
By '70s standards, this was about as tough as you could get while wearing cut-offs and being green. And it's about the way I feel when I read things from Folkbum's Rambles and Rants or that Melinda who's in favor of the smoking ban. Put sitting in front of Mandy Jenkins (who, by the way, did herself a huge career favor by speaking her mind) at the Blogger Summit in that category as well. I may disagree, but my anger pretty much amounts to me becoming muscle-bound and coating myself with body paint. I guess I'm saying it can be kinda fun.
*****
NEW HULK

Thousands of man-hours and countless gigabytes of computer processing are dedicated to just how angry I am now. Something like this will leave me raging and unable to form complete sentences. I stop using doors and simply walk through walls. Blogger being down will also probably get me here, so I hope their offices are in a deep, underground bunker. Not that that would save them or anything.
*****

HULK HOGAN

This is for when something upsets me, but I'm not sure why. The bans on gay marriage and abortion come to mind. I'm bothered by it, but I need someone to help me work through it. Or I'm just confused because something simply doesn't make sense. Mr. Christofferson, I'm looking in your direction. Basing your argument on the other person's poor grammar or misspellings will result in a handlebar mustached pensioner visiting your dreams. And maybe I'll just use it because what this world needs more of is Hulk Hogan.

4 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Tanker311 said...

Yeah....right...it's kinda like when people on the left question the ethnic heritage of republican minorites.

That really does happen. A lot. Not only is it cheap and insulting and unproductive, it often doesn't even make sense.

Try having people call you a traitor for not questioning the president's honesty. If that doesn't give you visions of punching people in the throat I don't know what will.

 
At 10:12 AM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

What about the Angry Dad phase.

I think it should come after CGI Hulk.

"Homer smash!"

 
At 8:02 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger WatchdogMilwaukee.com said...

If Xoff inspires the big green guy to come out, I'll recommend you don't visit Watchdog Milwaukee. Something truly ugly may emerge.

That being said, I am amused by the thoughtful pre-hulk pic but a little grossed out by the pantsless thing.

 
At 8:26 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger David Casper said...

The pantless thing grossed you out? Seriously? I would have figured my cool hat would scare more people away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home