Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ask Me Later going offline

If you're familiar with Ask Me Later, you know that for that last several months we tried to maintain a regular feature known as the Kane Watch. With it we hoped to track the writings of Journal Sentinel columnist Eugene Kane. Unfortunately, we received a letter, via snail-mail of all things, from Journal Sentinel Communications indicating that by hosting a regular column focused on a JSC employee's writings, we were in potential violation of copyright laws and should cease and desist immediately.

To avoid any possible litigation, we are temporarily taking Ask Me Later offline. I will spend the majority of today being sure to remove the content in question, as well as eliminate any mention of Eugene Kane in any post or comment.

I apologize to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and its parent company, Journal Sentinel Communications, for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Readers, you can read the content of the notice I received here.

Thank you. Hopefully we'll be back soon.

6 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Phelony Jones said...

squirrel please :)

 
At 2:49 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Billiam said...

Ahhh, good one. I'll bet you were in "special" education.

 
At 6:15 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Patrick said...

You... You... I had such a ripping post started in my mind, and you...

 
At 11:16 AM, April 02, 2006, Blogger The Asian Badger said...

Very nice. I should have known better.

 
At 5:16 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger grumps said...

I'm with Patrick on this one. That probably won't happen again soon.

Nice one.

 
At 12:19 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

I'm so disappointed. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home