Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Kane Watch: Eugene Kane is an ass

(Memo to clueless squawkers: Black folks can call each other the N-word without
taking it as an insult or slur. It's a black thing; you wouldn't understand.)
-Eugene Kane

Mr. Kane, you're an ass. To claim that a word uttered by a person of one skin color is okay but offensive by a person of another is nothing more than a gigantic double standard that, unfortunately for you, is something I quite fully understand.

I understand it makes you an ass. I understand that you're essentially saying that the norms are different based upon race. I understand that no matter how much you hope to achieve equality among races, you wish to do so only so long as it provides exceptions for blacks.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it makes you an ass.

And I feel quite confident in making that accusation because asses, apparently, come in all colors.

If you were white, I'd call you an ass.

But since you're black, I'm assuming you're going to call me racist.

To that, all I have to say is, consider the source.

I was offended by the Mexican joke McGee uttered and flabbergasted by his use of the BIG N in not only poorly telling a joke, but thinking it was appropriate to utter on air.

It's not a "black thing." It's a sign of double standards and unwillingness to understand that no matter who says an offensive word the color of their skin doesn't make it any less offensive. And so long as you're willing to accept that double standard, you should be prepared to defend an indefensable viewpoint essentially saying "because of our skin color, we can get away with things you can't."

Nice. Really nice.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

Will you marry me?

No.

OK.

But man, feel free to kick Eugene's ass like that any time you want.

I actually try for a fairly moderate tone at From Where I Sit, but every once and a while "moderate" don't cut it.

Nice work.

 
At 9:47 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger David Casper said...

I'm flattered, Elliot. But I think your love Melinda wouldn't like it too much.

That, and this ain't Utah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home