Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Behind the Scenes at the Journal Sentinel

O. Ricardo Pimentel: Hey guys, why don't you take a seat.

Cary Spivak: We'd prefer to stand.

Dan Bice: Um...yeah, we'll stand.

ORP: Are you sure?

CS: Yeah, we're sure.

DB: What he says.

ORC: Um...okay, if you'd rather...

CS & DB: We're together on this.

DB: Jinx! Buy me a Coke!

CS: Damn you!

ORP: Heh heh, yeah, that's funny.

DB: We do that all the time!

CS: At least, ever since I said we would.

ORP: Yeah...um...yeah...okay...well...Listen, I wanted to run something past you two.

CS: We don't write alone. We're a team.

DB: Yeah

ORP: No, no, it's nothing like that.

CS: Just so we're clear....

ORP: No...I got ya'. It's nothing like that. In fact, I want to leverage off your reputation and expand what you do into a new venue.

DB: Ooooh! Ooooh! Are we gonna be on Sykes' show?

CS: SHUSH! What did I tell you?

DB: Sorry...

ORP: I wish! No...that's not it at all. I want you to start a blog.

DB: A what?

ORP: A blog.

CS: Huh?

ORP: A blog.

CS: What the hell is that?

ORP: A web log. It's a way of sharing your opinions on a more regular basis.

DB: Ooooh...that sounds good.

CS: Shut up!

DB: Sorry.

ORP: Gene has one.

DB: Who?

ORP: Gene...Gene Kane.

CS: Sorry...you lost us.

ORP: Eugene Kane. About yay high, close shaved head, glasses...

DB: Still totally lost.

ORP: The black guy.

DB & CS: Oh yeah! Him!

CS: Jinx! Buy me a...

ORP: STOP! Anyway...yeah, him...either way, he has one. Seems to have worked out well for him. Lets him share his thoughts outside of his regular column and all.

CS: You paying by the word for this, or by column?

ORP: Well...um...there's no more pay in it. Just a way for you two to...

CS: I don't like these "blog" things.

DB: It might not be such a bad idea...

CS: Shut it!

ORP: As I was saying, it's just a way for you two to express yourselves outside of the normal column. No editors, no...

CS: Whatever we want to say?

DB: About anything?

ORP: Sure...within reason.

CS: I hate blogs.

ORP: Well, y'know, I don't think that's the best approach...

DB: I hate blogs too!

ORP: Listen, I'm not sure that's going to make your blog the most popular...

CS: Do you know who we are? If we hate blogs, then everyone should hate blogs!

DB: Yeah!

ORP: Well, I appreciate your view on this, but it seems that you could attract more readers if...

DB: We should write a blog about just how crappy blogs are!

CS: I was thinking the same thing! Jinx!

DB: Hey! You didn't say it!

CS: No! No! I was thinking it! That counts!

ORP: If that's what you want to do, that's fine, but I'm not sure if...

CS: I HATE BLOGS!

DB: ME TOO!

ORP: Okay, if that's where you want to take this, but I'm not sure if that's the best route....

CS: I don't get it, but I hate it.

DB: When do we start?

ORP: Ummm...maybe we should talk more about this...

CS: NO! I hate blogs! I want to blog about how useless blogs are!

DB: I agree! But Cary, don't you think we should...

CS: Shuuuuut it.

DB: I hate blogs!

ORP: (Good lord, I hope they can't remember their passwords)

4 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic - Where did you find the transcript of the meeting?

 
At 10:57 AM, May 10, 2006, Blogger J said...

For some reason, I feel like this is theater that should be acted out by ornery midgets...

 
At 11:35 AM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Joey said...

wow...very nice! good stuff... thanks for taking the time to give us all a good laugh.

 
At 7:27 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger MandyJ said...

I doubt Pimentel has ever even met the Spice Boys. But amusing, nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home