Saturday, May 06, 2006

Wanted: Unhappy Consumers

The old saying goes, "If you like our service, tell others; if you don't, tell us." The reality is that quite the opposite happens. And it happens here. There's no reason consumers should give up their hard-earned dollars to businesses that are unappreciative and unwilling to meet their customers' demands.

So goes the description of The S**T List, another blog of mine that's dedicated to pointing out some of the crappy service and products available to Milwaukee-area consumers.

I'm a stickler for good customer service and business that not only serve, but appreciate, their clientele. Don't take that to mean I'm demanding, just that I think businesses shouldn't get away with taking their customers for granted. Typically I'll let a business know when I think they've done something wrong or haven't met my expectations. It's only fair they're given the opportunity to correct it. But when that input goes unnoticed, it's time to turn things up a notch.

Sure, I could file my complaints right here on Ask Me Later, but I felt that an outlet dedicated to the topic was more appropriate and would serve as a better source for those wanting to know what places to stay away from.

Fortunately, though, I come across relatively few situations I think worthy of adding to the S**T list. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they don't exist. So I'm looking for a few co-contributors to the blog who are willing to serve as "consumer cops." If you're out there, and would like to have access to this new venue, let me know. All I ask it that you keep in mind that The S**T List is simply a place to share your bad experiences as an average consumer.

To apply, just send an e-mail to casperaskmelater@yahoo.com with a sampling of what you might like to contribute. If selected (and, trust me, you most likely will be), your contribution will be published and an invitation to join will be sent.

So, go out, get bad service and let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home