Friday, June 16, 2006

NOT Drinking Right

At the end of this post is an example of what does not constitute Drinking Right. In fact, the only thing right about it is the fact that the guy is being filmed by a passenger sitting to his right.

But before you check it out, check this out: Drinking Right, after two successful events, is now official. What started out with me, Phel, Aaron and guests, became me, Aaron, Nick, Elliot (yes, we are ADA compliant) and even more guests. Phel wasn't scared away, she just had a conflict. So, yes, we are "female friendly."

For the time being, I'll schedule the monthly Drinking Right at downtown locations. In all honesty, I'm being totally selfish: I work downtown and don't live too far away. When things pick up, we can start exploring new locales. And if things don't pick up, well, then I haven't driven too far from home all for naught!

So, remember, the next event is July 11th, 7pm, at McGillicuddy's on Water Street. The place has a great beer garden and is within view of City Hall, so after a few you can stand on the sidewalk and shout obscenities at politicians. They also have good food, so bring your appetite.

Additionally, I've invited a certain candidate to attend on the 11th. Drinking Right does not and will not endorse any particular candidate, but it does provide a great forum for them to press the flesh and get to know Joe Six-Pack. I'm not sure he'll show up, but if he does, that would be great. And anyone else who'd like to attend is more than welcome, be they a candidate for office, a current office-holder, liberal or curious. Members of PETA are not welcome as I plan wearing my mink tennis shorts.

Finally, if you think you're going to attend, leave a comment. This will not only let me know how many to expect, but also let me know if I should keep an eye out for a person wandering aimlessly looking around for a group of bloggers without their computers, which is just tough to find. Just ask Nick. The recently resurrected Disgruntled Car Salesman (who, by pure chance, I know outside of the blogosphere) has already RSVP'd, so take his example to heart!

And now, the video...


7 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Josh Schroeder said...

I'll probably be there. I've got plenty of time on my hands.

 
At 8:40 AM, June 17, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

I'm planning on being there. Possibly.

 
At 3:39 PM, June 17, 2006, Blogger Aaron said...

Why's the beer so horrible? Is that guy drinking Bud Light?

 
At 9:49 PM, June 17, 2006, Blogger David Casper said...

Hornsbys

 
At 3:50 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Aaron said...

Must be awful. She offered him a Bud Light to wash the taste out of his mouth.

 
At 4:10 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Nick said...

I'll probably be there too. I work downtown too so nothing could be easier.

 
At 11:54 AM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Thanks for the plug....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home