Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm a better videographer than McGee

Seriously...the guy needs to get a better light or something. But that's beside the point.

Alderman Michael McGee, Jr. coordinated "Crenshaw Style" (which essentially means parking the cars) cruising on the streets around Miller Park. He also videotaped the event to demonstrate it can be peaceful. You can check out the story at JS Online's Daywatch and see the video here.

Quite honestly, I have no problem with this. The fact is that a lot of these cruisers have some show-caliber cars, and what's the point in having one if you can't show it off? The only real problem I've always had with cruisers is that they congest a road to the point where non-cruisers simply can't pass. They should have every right to congregate somewhere, but like any other event like this, it should be well-coordinated, pre-planned and not just shoved down the throat of some unsuspecting neighborhood.

When I was in Mississippi last summer, I pulled into a rest area where a small car-show, very similar to what I'm seeing in McGee's video, was taking place. I believe the area was rented, or at least the proper permits were attained. Cruisers, who are ultimately trying to show off their sweet rides, should consider doing the same.

Finally, if you watch the video, tell me: At the very end, is that a cop asking for his keys back?

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Sean Hackbarth said...

I'm quite fond of the n-bomb McGee/Jackson tossed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home