Monday, August 07, 2006

Tim Rock: Name Caller

Timothy Rock from The Other Side Of My Mouth has a rule for his blog:

What I will not tolerate here is vile and vulgar name-calling. A fellow blogger
from the right side of the cheddarsphere left a message earlier today. To his
credit, he removed it at 5:53 am. What he doesn't realize is I have my site set
up to read all comments as e-mails additionally.


Apparently, in his mind, "vile and vulgar name-calling" is clearly defined. But I'm not sure exactly where that line is drawn.

For instance, in a post just a day later, mimicking Brian Fraley's take on Democratic events at the State Fair, Rock finds it humorous to compare conservatives to the Ku Klux Klan.

No lack of conservatives in action at the State Fair this year. Here is a
conservative schedule of far-right events at the Republican Party booth.

August 3
Come join the KKK and learn how to cut those eyeholes in the right place so
the white hood fits perfectly.


I don't know about you, but I consider the KKK to be one of the most vile and vulgar organizations in the history of the United States.

Obviously, Timmy doesn't think so.

He then goes on to respond to a comment to this post by calling someone a "clown." Granted, not necessarily vile or vulgar, but still, Mr. Rock doesn't seem to have any sort of problem with name calling in general.

Always a good way to debate, if you ask me.

As a matter of full disclosure, Ask Me Later does not condemn nor encourage name calling, you jerks.

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Tim loves to play both sides of the fence he is one of the biggest name callers and personal shot takers in the Wisblogosphere. But he since he is pure of heart its ok when he does it but everyone else is evil.

being called a nazi/klucker/racist/homophobe/sexist/etc/etc/etc has gotten so old after a decade of it I dont even notice anymore.

The best thing you can do with Tim is ignore him. Dont read him, dont link to him, ignoring him will bother him more than any name we could call him.

 
At 5:59 PM, August 11, 2006, Blogger Other Side said...

Chrissy, you are so cute and inconsequential. Still haven't figured out that the reason libs didn't come to your party was because no one likes you, not because anyone was afraid to come.

As far as this blog ... my comment was for those who come to my blog. I won't repeat it, it was not necessary.

As far as the KKK and other things you don't like to be associated with, tough (especially from someone who calls himself Casper). You and your side have been doing it for light years ... now that some are calling you on it you get all thin-skinned.

I at least admit when I go over the top at times ... and I have. Are you and Chrissy so forgiving?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home