Sunday, September 17, 2006

Remembering


My dad....5 years later....3 roses....
I miss you.

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent persons
and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Billiam said...

My Dad was killed about a year and a half ago. Seems like it was just yesterday. I miss him.

 
At 7:17 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

Happy birthday to Cantankerous's pa.

He has good company in heaven.In fact I whispered a little prayer to my mother to find him up there and but him a drink on the house.

 
At 7:18 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

buy I meant buy him a drink. sigh

 
At 8:31 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Tanker311 said...

Thanks all.

 
At 10:06 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

My dad has been gone for 25 years. You don't ever stop missing them, but you learn to deal. :/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home