Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Re: Gossip

It never occurred to me that when I heard the rumor regarding the Van Hollen campaign's flyering I could have gone to a likely source for clarification. Thank goodness Brian Fraley popped in to give his side of the story:

We targeted Doyle donors who were already likely to go to the polls.

We distributed flyers that said you could be a good Democrat and vote
AGAINST Kathleen Falk. We included quotes from Democrat law enforcement
professionals who supported JB.

We distributed about 1,000 of these in the twenty four hours before the
election in Dane, Milwaukee and Wuakesha Counties and only put them on the doors
of homes that had a Doyle sign in their yard.

I think the eleciton results proved that the winning coalition needed to
include independents and Democrats. That's why www.demsforjb.com was such an
important part of our campaign. We were not turning out Doyle voters, but we
were not going to dismiss Democrat voters who voted for Doyle or Baldwin or
Sheriff Clark, either.


I should note that I wasn't attempting to make any accusations regarding the tactic, which appears to have been a good one. But from the perspective of the Falk supporter who initially provided me with the information, it seemed to be much more nefarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home