Wednesday, December 06, 2006

An Ask Me Later Milestone

It seems like just yesterday that Cantankerous and I were sitting in a bar, three sheets to the wind, talking about how we should start one of those blog thingies.

But the truth is that it was exactly one year ago today when Ask Me Later came smashing onto the scene with the post below.

On Blogging...

The first time I blogged I didn't actually know I was blogging. In fact, it was 1984, blogging meant something entirely different and my father had yet to have that conversation with me about what was entirely natural and not something to be ashamed of. Fast forward nearly twenty years and imagine my surprise to learn that not only is blogging something done by millions of people all over the world, but has become highly influential in the arenas of politics, pop-culture and commercial industry alike. Thank God its meaning has changed since I was a child. I've since learned not to make up words while hoping everyone else knows what I mean.

This marks my fourth attempt at creating and maintaining a blog. One might think that after three failed attempts I would just give up. But for some reason I feel I just must have one. For me, that's quite unusual. Typically I shun any of society's demands for what one must have. Sure, I believe I have to have a good hammer. A good hammer can solve a lot of problems. But I tend to ignore friends' advice that I pursue other goals, such as having a good therapist or a competent attorney. Oddly enough, the hammer, therapist and attorney all go hand in hand, but that's a topic for another post.

So here it is...attempt number four. I've named this "Ask Me Later" at the suggestion of a friend who I hope will be a major contributor to this blog. Hopefully she'll also regale us all with how the name came about. Until then, keep in mind that you're all stupid, I'm not and what I say goes, at least here. And I have a hammer.

Huh...things really haven't changed much, have they?

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Patrick said...

Happy Blogoversary

 
At 10:09 PM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May there be many more blogging years (or whatever this medium morphs to) ahead.

 
At 8:24 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Nick said...

They grow up so soon. It hardly seems a year ago when you guys were still crawling around on the floor and sucking your thumbs. Oh wait... that was at the last Drinking Right...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home