Monday, December 11, 2006

The Saga Continues

No, it's not another Star Wars. What I'm speaking of is the never-ending saga of my clumsiness.

This morning I let the dog out and ran back up my back stairs only to stub my toe. It hurt just like any other toe-stub might hurt, only this time when I looked down to assess the damage, I discovered that I was now one toe-nail short.

Now, like I said, it really didn't hurt that much. But in nearly 34 years I've never experienced the complete and total loss of a nail, either finger or toe! I actually called my mother at work to determine whether there was some sort of procedure I should follow or not. Should I be seeing a doctor? Should I attempt to save the nail and reattach it?

Turns out bandages and Neosporin were all that was required. Fortunately, having endured the countless household injuries I normally do, I normally keep these on hand. Unfortunately, having endured the countless household injuries I normally do, I was all out!

So anti-bacterial soap and toilet paper it was!

Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home