Saturday, February 10, 2007

Good for Mayfair

JSO is reporting today that Mayfair Mall will institute restrictions on unaccompanied youth this spring. I think that's fantastic.

I wonder how long it will take for "some" community leaders to cry out that this policy is racist, unfair or some combination of the two.

It's amazing to me how many people feel that the youth of this city are entitled to things. Whether it be a ride on a bus amid obnoxious behavior, or using the mall as a gathering place instead of using it as a place to shop.

When I was growing up, things were taken away from us because we abused the privilege. In this city, it seems that people forget what a privilege is, and have expected business owners to pay the cost of unruly behavior.

Well congratulations and well done to Mayfair Mall for taking a step in regaining control. To be honest, it's an equal drive for me to get to Mayfair or Bayshore. When the latter opened up, I quit going to Mayfair altogether because I was sick of the kids pushing people around. I may just take a trip back there this spring.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger Pete Fanning said...

Yeah...good for Mayfair...but note to Mayfair...can you like, start it at 5pm instead of 9pm, like the article suggests? I'm in bed at 9pm and nowhere near the mall at that time....does me no good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home