Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Unthinkable

A judge sentenced a man to life in prison for raping his own daughter in a cemetery.

The man, whose name is being withheld to protect the identity of the victim, was convicted of the March 10, 2006, incident on Friday. Just days after his daughter's 16th birthday, the man took her to a graveyard and told her to lie down.

"You're know you're old enough to date boys now," he told her. "I'm about to break you in."

I came across this story and after choking on my morning coffee in disgust, I didn't know what to say. Then I remembered a post from Casper and Elliot, from awhile ago that seemed to hit the sentiment I wanted to express right on the head:

I don't want rape and incest to be illegal. I want it to be unthinkable.

(Sigh.) So much for wishing.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, March 31, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

At least they got the sentence right... and now that guy is going to know what it's like to be "broken in"... in prison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home