Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman is a fantasy/sci-fi writer of numerous novels, comic books and films (among other things too numerous to name) who just happens to live in Wisconsin. I was first introduced to his work with the book Good Omens, a satirical take on the Apocalypse co-authored with a now favorite author of mine, Terry Pratchett (who at one time held the distinction of having the best-selling book series in England before Harry Potter came along). Gaiman is arguably best known for his series of Sandman graphic novels, which I've yet to crack, and Stardust, a movie based on one of his books starring Robert DeNiro, Claire Danes and Sienna Miller will be out this August.

Since Gaiman has a journal/weblog, and calls Wisconsin home, I thought I'd add him to the blogroll. It's nice to have something to read from time to time that isn't all about hard-hitting news. And, as a note to the organizers of the upcoming Blog Summit, not all blogging is about politics. Just a thought.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

I didn't know he lives in Wisconsin.

To be honest, I've never been able to get into his work, but I recognize his importance in the comics and science fiction/fantasy worlds.

 
At 1:48 PM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

Does it rank with your other recomendation, West of January? I loved that book. :)

 
At 1:59 PM, April 04, 2007, Blogger David Casper said...

Yes. Yes it does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home