Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hoorah for Immigrants' rights!

I think it's fantastic that over 100 local business closed today in honor of A Day Without Latinos. If you really think about it, everyone in America has someone in their family who, at one point in time or another, was an immigrant.

Who are we to judge? These people are hard-working and the only law they really break is the one that determines their status as citizens. So what? Most of the jobs they take do not threaten Americans in any way, shape or form. I mean, it's not like I can't get a job because some immigrant took one away from me.

And what's more, because they are working, they don't cost our government any more money than anyone else. It doesn't really matter that some of them commit identity theft. They wouldn't have to if we would just recognize their rights to begin with.

I hope that all the businesses who supported A Day Without Latinos are recognized by the public through the almighty dollar! Let's show those businesses what we think of their decision!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

Looks around for Body Snatchers.

 
At 10:36 PM, May 01, 2007, Blogger The Badgerland Conservative said...

That's right. I'll spend my money elsewhere rather than patronize business who support people who openly violate our laws.

 
At 9:01 AM, May 02, 2007, Blogger still Unreal... said...

Who are we to judge?
Well, since I've been on the other side, I'll do it.

When I became a citizen 4 years ago, people were amazed that the process took less than a year. Amazed!
Why did it take me so little time?
Gee, I dunno, maybe because I did everything by the book rather than scam my way around the system to make it easier??
Could that POSSIBLY be it?
I had been living in the USA (LEGALLY!) for 25 years prior to becoming a citizen. What the hell took me so long? Variety of reasons. Money, of course, was one. I didn't rush it because a)I had my own SS# since I set foot in the states. I was "legal" in every sense of the word - except I couldn't vote.
The other reason was bitterness. I was disgusted everytime I heard about how illegal aliens were getting insurance, tuition and other bennies that I didnt qualify for because I was legal. Furthermore, they were getting said bennies off the taxes I was paying!!!!
(And now I hear they even want to make the citizenship test easier??? BIIIITEEE MEEEEEEEE...)

So you'll excuse me if I tell all the people that want an easier route to citizenship to kiss my ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home