Monday, May 07, 2007

Kane Watch: Kane Responds

I stand corrected: Mr. Kane has posted on his blog today that tomorrow he will write about the McGee comments.

He did leave this remark, "My mother is 85 years old and lives alone. I can't imagine what I would feel if she died and some of the people in town who don't like my column decided to use her death as a way to criticize me in a public forum."

Probably a good indication of the stance he'll take tomorrow in his column. Let's hope so.

Update: You can read Kane's article here. It's hidden on JSO, but it's live. Not much of a surprise here. I'd write about it, but there's really not a whole lot to say. Aside from it pretty much being a defense for McGee, there's nothing very newsworthy in it.

I'd say the biggest shocker is that, in an attempt to thwart the blacks-are-not-responsible-for-hate-speech argument, Kane defends Jones for suspending McGee so quickly, but yet he never discusses why it took the paper so long to respond.

Check it out for yourself, and if you're interested, leave me a note below on your thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

I have to say I'm not surprised by Kane's column. Disappointed, but not surprised.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home