Friday, June 22, 2007

Kane Watch: Still Waiting

Kane recently wrote in a blog post that he would comment on the Juneteenth Day debacle in his column. I'm still waiting for that to appear.

If the title of his post, "Response to Juneteenth Day violence predictable," is any indication, then I'm sure it will be a wishy-washy column about how the acts themselves were bad, but the media "predictably" hyped it beyond what was necessary. After all, according to Gene, these violent criminals were nothing more than, "knuckleheads," right?

Which leads me to my next point: If anything at all was predictable about Juneteenth Day, it was the violence itself. The media response is just a condition of the first act. And, if anything is more predictable than that, I'm pretty certain that it will be Gene's column.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home