Thursday, December 06, 2007

More Lunch Fun


Today my office cafeteria offered up a beef and bean burrito with a side of corn and red beans and rice. The burrito is deep-fried, which I believe technically qualifies it as a chimichanga and not a burrito. I've also never thought of red beans and rice as a side for Mexican food, but what do I know, other than the fact that you'll all be happy to know that I won't be reporting on this meal's inevitable outcome.

All together now, "Thanks for sharing, Dave!"

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, December 06, 2007, Blogger steveegg said...

Just as long as you don't have that lunch next Tuesday, and then go around Papa's saying, "Pull my finger,"....

 
At 12:08 PM, December 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwww

Shrimp day looked much better.

What's for lunch tomorrow?

 
At 7:18 AM, February 19, 2009, Blogger Andrea said...

eeek, doesn't look very tasty.

From experience I have learned that outside of Mex there is not much knowledge about Mexican food so I am not sure of what you call chimichangas in the States actually are.
In any case a burrito is never fried. Ok, I have only been to 28 states in Mx but I cannot imagine that in the four states that I am missing they do fry them :P
Chimichangas are not deep fried, they are like some sort of sincronizada (two flour tortillas with cheese and beans, pan fried). I know that in the north of Mexico they have lots of Tex Mex food so maybe the confussion came from there.
Wow, thanks to your blog I just realized that the latinos in the US managed to screw up yet another of our dishes. The chimichangas you get there look like a latino version of a spring roll, is this true?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home