Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bourbon Blogging 01-14-2006

Tonight's bourbon
Old Crow - 80 proof

Description
And old-school Kentucky straight bourbon from Jim Beam brands with a sweet but not too mild taste.

Trivia
Created by Dr. James Crow, who didn't invent the sour mash process but rather perfected it using scientific methods. At one time it was known as "Dirty Bird" in America's black ghettos.

Casper's Opinion (after all, isn't that what this is all about?)
It's about time science did something good for us! If ever there was something to cover up the vile taste of water, it's Old Crow. While far from being the best bourbon around, it still has a special place in my heart as a liquor cabinet stable. Aside from making bad nights good, good nights better and weekends completely forgotten, I've seen grown men cringe just at the mention of its name.

Let the games begin...

Voces de double standards
Why is it that whenever teenagers are going through driver's education they're told that driving is a privilege, but when it comes to illegal immigrants driving is a right?

Coo-coo
Without a doubt, the Westboro Baptist Church is an organization propagating hate. Journal-Sentinel editorialist George Ott points out that what they do crosses the line from free speech to hate speech. Why, then, do we not hear more objection about their recent activities from hate-law advocates? Granted, free speech is the biggest obstacle to stopping Phelps-and-gang's protesting soldiers' funerals, but could it be that they're also protesting the war?

Etiquette
Is it necessary to send thank you cards to people for gifts for which you thanked them in person? I think Miss Manners would say yes. I also think her corset is tied too tightly.

Pets
My dog eats poop. Not just his own poop, but any other dog or cat poop he may come across throughout the day. It absolutely amazes me that with such terrible habits dogs have managed to maintain their status as mans' best friend.

Shameless Self Promotion
I'm an obsessive blogger. That means that you may find a whole bunch of posts on any given day. That means that for every good post, there are probably a lot you might just pass up. Cantankerous is really good. I have my moments. So if you ever visit Ask Me Later and the first post you read isn't something you care too much about, scroll down a bit. We just may have something for everyone. If you don't like anything we have to offer send us an e-mail at askmelaterblog@yahoo.com. Seriously. I'm very lonely.

Blue
Is it just me, or does anyone else find Belle's mask sexy?

Shameless Self Promotion, pt. 2
Monday is my birthday. Frankly, I'm not very happy about it. For some reason some of my hair seems to have forgotten what color it's supposed to be and I'm starting to complain about the noise kids call music these days. Cripes...I'm only 33! Nevertheless, should all of our seven readers (Mom...you don't count) care to pool together and get me the 2006 Dodge Charger I won't complain.

Wal-Mart
Elliot got me thinking. Do we really want a company so inept at managing check-out lines managing people's health care? I mean, c'mon, I've seen people with full carts walk out of the place without buying a thing because out of twenty registers only two were staffed. I also once witnessed a cashier ignore that a $100 bill failed the counterfeit-pen test (the bill came from another Wal-Mart employee buying a 50 cent bag of Doritos) and then go on to test the $5 bill I handed her. Who counterfeits $5 bills?

CRG Rally
I really wanted to go to today's CRG rally but I couldn't get anyone to go with me. And I didn't want to go alone because I would have felt like that guy who went to prom stag. Yeah...I know...I have issues. Apparently I missed a good thing.

Reminder
I'm trying to host the very first Carnival of Kane. I know you people are out there! I've been watching! Send me your best!

Shameless Self Promotion, pt. 3
As Monday is my birthday I've decided to take the day off. I've also decided to sleep in, eat a big lunch and spend the afternoon in a nice saloon with whomever opts to join me. Should you care to be one of those people, I'll be at Eagans on Water Street by 4pm. It might be a nice opportunity to meet some of the other people out there in the Cheddarsphere. I'll be the good looking guy at the bar surrounded by friends and loved ones. And should Eugene Kane show up, I'll buy his first drink.

Finally...
Thanks to all of you who have visited Ask Me Later over the last two months. Keep visiting and we'll keep talking.

So don't say we haven't warned you.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, January 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Is it just me, or does anyone else find Belle's mask sexy?"

I'm probably old enough to be her father...so, no.

 
At 9:35 PM, January 14, 2006, Blogger Newsandseduction said...

interesting.

 
At 9:40 PM, January 14, 2006, Blogger Tanker311 said...

Thanks for the love, buddy.

And you know I'm always game to throw a few back. I'll give you a call because we'll be out tonight. Come meet up with us. We'll start celebrating your birthday early since I have to work on Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home