Tuesday, November 27, 2007
This is not the message you're looking for
Why can't everyone just get along...
Monday, November 26, 2007
Nick has said* what I'm sure a lot of people have been thinking. Personally, I've found that a lot of people tend to blow things way out of proportion when it comes to something as innocuous as a silly little bumpersticker. In fact, just after creating this one...
..the complaints really started rolling in:
- The puppies are black and white. Why are no other races represented?
- Isn't it unsafe to leave a toddler so near two dogs?
- The baby is caucasian. Shouldn't we be kind to babies of all races?
- The lettering is in blue. Should we assume female babies/puppies are excluded from acts of kindness?
- Not in Spanish.
- Use of the Latin alphabet is offensive to those whose languages use the Cyrillic, Greek, Arab, etc. alphabets.
- Too Aryan
- Some people are allergic to dogs.
- Image of baby offends childless couples.
- Is documentation available to assure that the puppies were not bred at a puppy mill?
- What about kittens?
- Was basket made in a free-trade nation?
- Not enough cowbell
*Sorry...blogger won't let me link. I'm referring to what Nick said in this post (http://www.nickschweitzer.net/2007/11/26/CoexistWithThis.aspx) in which he observes "...to be honest, that "controversy" was blown out of proportion by everybody, and has become a parody of itself."
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
From the Sidelines
Browsing through the Cheddarshpere as of late, I'm sure seeing a lot of the following:
So-and-so said this!
Oh yeah? Well he said this once!
But he said that after she said this!
That's not as bad as when they did that after he went there!
I didn't say that! But if I did, it isn't like I said what he
You're an idiot!
He's a jackass!
Seriously...I think I've seen more constructive debate on an elementary school playground. Frankly, I'm not missing blogging at all.
Friday, November 09, 2007
If you were ever curious...
This post may fall on deaf ears, since posting around here has been pretty much non-existent for the last several months and we've most likely lost every reader we ever had.
But, for the curious among you, I'd just like to point out that one of the reasons posting has been so light is about to come to fruition tomorrow.
That's right! Saturday is Cantankerous's big day! She and her man are finally tying the knot, and we here at Ask Me Later truly wish them the best!
(Please note...that is not a picture of the lovely couple...I just couldn't resist!)